Essentials for Strings is an excellent systematic and comprehensive approach to technical development for use by full string orchestras, string ensembles, and individual string players.
- Teaches a consistent counting system.
- Develops excellent sight-reading skills.
- Shows note relationships via graphic “rhythm boxes.”
- Provides 18 pages of bowed rhythm studies.
- Scales, Arpeggios, and Broken Thirds in one, two, and three octaves, in every major and minor key.
- All studies are fingered for each instrument.
- Gives rhythmic variations for all exercises.
- Clearly explains eight basic bowing styles.
- Suggests countless bowing possibilities.
- Offers step-by-step procedures for developing perfect intonation.
- Includes tuning recommendations for all strings.
- Includes 5 four-part chorales to develop group intonation.